6 Smoothies for Weight-Loss and Detox. Healthy Juices!
When it comes to getting slimmer, no matter the reason, it is best to lose weight in a healthy way. Sure, the daily exercises are a must, but what you eat will have a very important role in your diet. Along with foods for weight management, I selected 6 smoothie recipes that can be served on an empty stomach, with at least 30-60 minutes before your morning exercises (yoga included).
What you’ll read in my article?
- The Body Mass Index (BMI) and its role
- Can You safely lose weight?
- Can smoothies help you get slimmer?
- My special smoothie recipes
- What does a Detox Smoothie do? Is it good?
- Common ingredients for smoothies
- Wrapping up
The body mass index (BMI) is measuring your height and weight to let you see if your weight is healthy or not. For adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range, but this can be influenced by gender, age, activity level, and other factors. Therefore, the BMI estimation takes into account age and gender, and as well as height and weight. A great way to see your level of body mass index can be found on NHS, and these are the general indices:
- under 18.5 BMI – Underweight range – you need more proteins, fibers, and some (good) fatty foods.
- 18.5 – 24.9 – Normal and healthy weight range – keep up the good work.
- 25 – 29.9 – Overweight range – if your BMI is overweight, you need to start your morning exercises and drink smoothies or healthy natural juices, along with low-fat/caloric meals.
- 30 – 39.9 – Obese range – If your body mass index is over 30, start doing at least 1hr exercises as soon as possible, eat only weight loss based meals, and drink a lot of water, juices, or smoothies. You can also go to a nutritionist to have a professional slimming diet.
Did you know that by eating healthy every day and have a bad meal every once and then, will make you get slimmer (see the picture above)? The best way to lose weight is to make small and practical changes to your daily diet and make exercises as much as you can. The amount of physical activity you should do depends on your age and gender.
Regarding the healthy weight-loss program, CDC.gov says: it’s natural for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose it very quickly. But people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss isn’t just about a “diet” or “program”, it’s about an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits. Losing weight is not easy, and it takes commitment.
Of course, smoothies can help you manage your weight and have great vitamins and minerals for your body. The best part of the day for drinking smoothies is before breakfast, or even better, on an empty stomach after you woke up. But please note that smoothies alone cannot replace a full weight-loss diet! You can prepare smoothies before your exercises, especially if you do yoga in the morning. But let’s see the smoothie recipes that are best for slimming purposes.
The Bapico smoothie can be prepared with banana, coconut, and pineapple as the main ingredients. It is best to drink it before lunch or active sports. The Bapico smoothie has a lot of health benefits and is also great for weight-loss diets! Bapico is a smoothie with an unmatched creaminess and aroma, it reminds me of summer and I find it perfect to drink on a Monday morning when you go to work and need something to lift your morale. Due to pineapple and banana, this smoothie has an unmatched sweetness, one you’ll never forget. I’ve added grated coconut to perfectly balance the taste and add an extra flavor. This smoothie is best to drink it before lunch, not breakfast.
2. Mango & Banana Smoothie Recipe
Mango & Banana Smoothie is a new & easy recipe that helps you make Yoga, relax, helps with your weight-loss program, gives energy, and antioxidants. Being one of the best combinations for smoothies, Mango and Banana blend perfectly and give a perfect and balanced flavor. Tasty, full of flavor, full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, this smoothie can successfully replace any sandwich or omelet. The nice part is that for Mango & Banana smoothie we do not waste much time for its preparation, nor for washing the vessel in which it is made.
3. 5 Fruit Blooming Smoothie Recipe
The Crazy 5 Fruit Blooming Smoothie is part of my special recipes in which I use strawberries, orange, grapes, banana, and plum. For those of you who like smoothies, I have prepared this balanced recipe, with strawberries, orange, grapes, banana, and plum. I also add 4 tablespoons of organic grape juice to reach a perfect balance. There are few ingredients with which you can work very easy, two steps, and a lot of fruit smoothie love.
4. Blueberry-Banana Smoothie Recipe
If you want to get slimmer, Blueberry-Banana Smoothie is one of the best ways to start your diet and lose weight. When I eat or drink something, I always think about its benefits. Blueberry and Banana Smoothie is a great way for those of you who want to get slimmer, lose some weight, or have energy before or after yoga exercises. The Blueberry-Banana Smoothie is great due to its nutritious benefits, has a great design due to its blue color, and most of all, it is very easy to make!
5. Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Recipe
The Strawberry-Banana Smoothie is best to be made during Spring and Summer days, standing on your porch, balcony, veranda, or any spot you can relax. The sweet and sour flavor of strawberry, with its essence of spring, is molding perfectly with the sweet and sour flavor from banana. But this isn’t enough, adding some organic apple juice will make this smoothie a fabulous non-alcoholic drink. More to that, I also add a teaspoon of grated coconut to make the smoothie even tastier, giving it a new flavor note.
6. Orange Smoothie with Yogurt Recipe
The Orange Smoothie with Yogurt is one of the best ways to “eat your fruits”. Well… this has some addons in it, like the yogurt and milk, but if it were made with fruits only was called fresh, not a smoothie. Orange Smoothie with Yogurt is a recipe desired by any person in this world, no matter how young or old is. The orange smoothie is one of the best and simple drinks invented.
If you’re not eating often fruits and vegetables, smoothies can be a great way to help you meet your detox goals. Unlike juicing, blending fruits and vegetables into smoothies keep the beneficial fiber. Fiber helps fill you up, keeps your blood sugar from spiking, and helps you with your detox diet. While smoothies can be an efficient way to significantly increase your intake of nutrients and antioxidants, and there are a lot of ways for body cleanses with these yummy drinks.
There isn’t much to say about smoothie ingredients, but I found them categorized on healthline.com:
- Fruits: berries, banana, apple, peach, mango, and pineapple.
- Vegetables: kale, spinach, arugula, wheatgrass, microgreens, avocado, cucumber, beetroot, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Nuts and seeds: almond butter, peanut butter, walnut butter, sunflower seed butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flax meal.
- Herbs and spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cocoa powder, cacao nibs, parsley, and basil.
- Nutritional and herbal supplements:spirulina, bee pollen, matcha powder, protein powder, and powdered vitamin or mineral supplements.
- Liquid: water, fruit juice, vegetable juice, milk, nondairy milk, coconut water, iced tea, and cold brew coffee.
- Sweeteners: maple syrup, raw sugar, honey, pitted dates, simple syrup, fruit juice concentrates, stevia, ice cream, and sorbet.
- Others: cottage cheese, vanilla extract, soaked oats, cooked white beans, silken tofu, and dairy or nondairy yogurt.
When it comes to smoothies, there are endless possibilities and combinations. For example (because this article is about weight-loss and detox), smoothies with slimming properties are those high in fibers and proteins, but zero sugar. Instead of sugar, just use some honey. For a body cleanse (detox), drink green smoothies, without any sugar added.
Drink these goodies before your morning exercises, or on empty stomach after waking up.
I am Susan Dale, and I hope this article was helpful. You can also search in my online cookbook for other weight-loss recipes, including food. Lots of Kisses!