Chicken and Rice Recipe: Great for Weight Loss
Finding nutritious dishes that are equally delicious is a challenge for many people who battle with weight loss. Here is our rendition of a nutritious chicken and brown rice dish for shedding pounds.
With this recipe, you can still eat one of your favorite meals and achieve your weight loss goals. We’ve provided recommendations on how to make it healthier and able to satisfy your dietary requirements.
Variations on the Dish
Including a can of black beans in the mix is a quick and simple way to change up the traditional chicken and brown rice recipe. The recipe gains fiber, protein, and a little taste from the black beans. To add variation, you might also try including more beans, such as pinto or kidney beans.
Use only half as many black beans and switch them out for more rice if you want to give the dish a little variation. You’ll have a really satisfying dish for just about any meal once the cooked rice absorbs the majority of the liquid from the beans.
To get the most flavor from the black beans, it’s recommended to consume this meal as fresh as possible.
Recipe For Chicken And Brown Rice With Weight Loss Tips:
- We recommend you swap olive oil in place of the recipe’s butter. This switch will also increase the number of beneficial fats in your diet and make you feel fuller.
- Swap out the chicken breasts with thighs. The thigh has a stronger flavor and is chopped more toughly, making it simpler to chew and requiring less food to be consumed.
- For a healthy vegetable serving and more taste, include veggies like broccoli, peppers, or mushrooms in the meal.
- Put some protein in your meal, such as chicken or shrimp. This will enable you to consume fewer calories over a longer amount of time.
- Add flavor and enjoyment to your meals by seasoning your food with herbs and spices like cumin, chili powder, or black pepper.
While the rice is cooking, add a tiny quantity of water to keep the rice wet.
Incorporate any leftover chicken into the dinner by chopping it into bite-sized chunks.
You may also add any leftover veggies you have in your fridge to the recipe, including chopped onions and carrots. It will be more tasty and satisfying the more veggies you add.
To prepare chicken with brown rice, you may use a few different appliances.
Nonstick Pan: Food may be easily released from nonstick pans without the need for butter or oils, making them a perfect alternative for cooking.
To begin, while working with cookware that has a nonstick coating, you should avoid using metal tools since they might scratch the coating and cause damage to the pan.
Cutting board: Cutting boards may be made of many different materials, but the most popular ones are bamboo, plastic, and wood.
The most conventional material is wood, which is also naturally antibacterial. Plastic might be slippery, yet it is resilient and simple to clean. Eco-friendly bamboo has a built-in natural antibacterial layer.
Brown rice: This grain has all of its necessary nutrients and is high in fiber, vitamin, and mineral content. Antioxidants, which can aid in disease prevention, are also abundant in brown rice. There are several methods to make this a low-fat and low-calorie food.
Carrots: Vitamin A in the body is necessary for healthy skin and eyes, and carrots are one of the best food sources of this nutrient.
Chicken: A fantastic source of protein, which gives the body energy.
Black pepper: A fantastic flavor to add to chicken and brown rice dishes. It has a powerful taste that may give the meal a ton of depth.
Apple cider vinegar: Potassium is a wonderful nutrient found in apple cider vinegar. Muscle cramps and exhaustion can be alleviated by taking it, which helps the body maintain a constant level of electrical energy.
Now that you know all the benefits of the ingredients in this recipe, it’s time to get cooking and reach your ideal weight with this tasty but healthy comfort meal.
Serves 3 People
1 cup brown rice
1/2 tbsp Salt
200 g chicken
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic chopped
1 medium size red bell pepper/capsicum
1/2 cup Carrots
1 cup Cabbage
1 tbsp crushed black pepper
2 tbsp chopped green onion leaves
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pour in the water and salt, stir well, and then bring it to a boil.
- Add brown rice and cook for 25 minutes, or until the rice is finished. Strain, rinse with tap water, and set the rice aside.
- Chicken is cut into cubes, then placed aside.
- Melt the butter.
- When the oil or butter is hot in the skillet, add the chopped garlic. When you’ve added all of your vegetables—capsicum, carrots, and cabbage—saute them until they are soft but not mushy. Before adding the chicken on top, add the rice and toss for approximately a minute.
- Leave for 15 minutes on low heat with the cover on, followed by removal from heat.
- Add black pepper, green onions, and the rest of the veggies you choose (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice).
- Serve after garnishing with green onion leaves!
Making this chicken and rice dish for weight reduction is an excellent way to enjoy a delectable dinner while also taking steps toward improving one’s overall health.
Not only does it provide plenty of protein to support your weight loss goals, but it’s also a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken dishes.Don’t be afraid to get creative with the ingredients, and feel free to make any alterations to the recipe that you think are necessary. Now go ahead and get the cooking started; you won’t be sorry you did! Then make sure to check out Cook After Me for more delicious and healthy recipes.