- 8-ounce Soba Noodlesdried
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1 cup Carrotscut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Snow Peasthinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Scallionsthinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro - Freshchopped
- 1/2 cup Mintchopped
Lime Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh juice from a Lime
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Carrotsfinely shredded & peeled
- 1 teaspoon Thai Chili Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Instead of Thai style sauce, use Vietnamese Fish Sauce
- Instead of Soba noodles, use Spaghetti Pasta
- Instead of Snow peas, use Sugar Snap Peas
- Instead of Scallions, use Red Onion
- A lot of 💖 Love 💖
Prepare the Noodles
Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender, about 5-10 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, continue with the recipe steps
Prepare the Veggies
Finely shred and peel the carrot for sauce, then thinly slice the scallions, carrots, and snow peas (lengthwise). Last, squeeze the lime and chop the fresh cilantro and mint leaves.
Prepare the Sauce
Combine the sauce ingredients (Lime juice, Thai Fish Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Carrots, Thai Chili Paste, and Chili Flakes) and whisk well.
Stir Fry a bit
The Noodles are cooked by now, drain and rinse them a bit. Place them into a fry-pan, add the vegetables, and stir over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes. Add the sauce, tossing to coat well over, about 1 minute. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
When spring came to our windows, a lot of people are searching for weight loss recipes and this Asian noodles with lime chili sauce recipe is one of them. You can also vary the vegetables according to the season.
Content on this page…
- Did you Know?
- About Chinese Noodles with Spring vegetables recipe
- Some thoughts about Chinese cuisine & Soba noodles
- Can I add this recipe to my meal plan for slimming purpose?
- Can I freeze or refrigerate it, or is it better to eat it hot?
- Health Benefits for my recipe (if adding the same veggies as I did)
This dish is one of those easy meal ideas for weeknights or dinner parties. When the noodles are cooking, you simply chop and fry the veggies, then, everything will finish in about the same time. Place them all into one pan and mix everything together… that’s it, dinner is served! The fresh combination of chili and lime plus the fresh veggies will have you wanting more. There’s nothing like the comfort of a bowl of noodles, and these quick dinners – one sweet, one fresh – are a surefire way to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.
Asian Noodles with lime chili sauce and Spring Vegetables is fresh, flavorful, and it’s simple to make too. It features lots of fresh spring/summer vegetables — feel free to add or substitute any veggie, depending on what’s available at your local market. You also have the option of tossing in cooked baby shrimp or tofu.
A better “description” of Chinese noodles and vegetables, it’s all about balance. A good Chinese meal should be balanced with the right combination of protein, vegetables, carbohydrates, and some good fat. It’s this fundamental principle that actually puts Chinese cuisine among the most healthy in the world.
Soba noodles may be made entirely of buckwheat flour or a combination of buckwheat and refined wheat flour. Check the ingredients to be certain. The healthiest option is 100% buckwheat soba noodles. A serving of 100% buckwheat soba noodles is similar in nutrition to whole-wheat spaghetti, but with higher protein quality.
This recipe can perfectly fit in the vegetarian category, therefore you can easily add the Asian Noodles with lime chili sauce and Spring Vegetables to a weight–loss eating plan. Slimming diets are hard, and harder if you don’t have great and tasty recipes to help you keep it. Chinese people are slim! Wonder why?
This recipe can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge and refrigerated for up to 3 days. It can be eaten, either way, it will be delicious undoubtedly. As for freezing, depending on what veggies you used, it can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Besides zinc, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and iron, Soba noodles are a good source of thiamin, are high in protein and soluble fiber, supports cardiovascular health, add better control to blood sugar, and are low in fat.
- Hot chili peppers contain carotenoids (Vitamin A), flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, all of which confer health benefits, including anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, DNA protection and lower blood pressure.
- Carrots are about 10% carbs, consisting of starch, fiber, and simple sugars. They are extremely low in fat and are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta carotene. They are also a good source of several B vitamins, as well as vitamin K and potassium. Carrots are linked to a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease, as well as improved eye health. Additionally, this vegetable may be a valuable component of an effective weight loss diet.
- Although not typically consumed in large quantities, mint contains fair amounts of several nutrients and is an especially good source of vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Snow Peas are a good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, C, and K (important for helping your blood to clot). They are an excellent source of dietary fiber and contain folate.
- Spring Onions have a good source of dietary fiber and vitamins A and B6, thiamine, folate, and minerals (potassium, copper, chromium, manganese, iron). Some research suggests that spring onions may lower cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of heart attacks and strokes, and have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.