- 2 small Orange - Fresh
- 1.2 medium Nectarines
- 2 medium Tangerine
- 1 small Grapefruit
- 1/2 Pineapple - Fresh
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 medium Banana
- 1 cup white Grapes
- 2 medium Kiwi
- 1/3 cup Mint
You can also add
- To taste Heavy Whipping Creamalso for design
Prepare the ingredients
Peel the oranges, nectarine, tangerine, grapefruit, pineapple, banana and kiwi. Cut them into cubes and the strawberries and white grapes can be cut in half. If the grapes are small, you don't need to cut them at all.
Mix them all
Stir together in a large mixing bowl. Chill one hour before serving. You can also add whipping cream on top for a better design and taste, or you can add the cream on each serving. Enjoy!
The Florida fruit salad is one of the healthiest salads, but in this recipe, I’ve added a special ingredient in the recipe to boost its healthy properties! Some of us prefer to eat healthily, some have weight-loss diets, some want to eat something less caloric… well, my Florida fruit salad has it all.
Content on this page…
Well, when it’s winter, I think of summer days and vice-versa. I write this recipe in winter because I miss summer days when I sit on my balcony and ate Florida fruit salad. Besides the fact it has a great taste, it is healthy (like the title says) and great for weight-loss diets. The recipe is very simple if you have all the ingredients in your kitchen. I have said the recipe has a secret ingredient, one that makes this simple dish a Godly salad. The MINT is the “secret” that makes it so fabulous, tasty, and full of flavor. But there is one other secret! I’ve added kiwi because it balances the taste along with the mint, therefore, you’ll have a perfect Florida fruit salad!
Summer is the season when you can start any diet, when you can cook the most fabulous meals or prepare the best salads, and when you can make the most for your body health. It is the season of the unlimited possibilities in the cooking niche. Now, let’s see what health benefits this salad offers!
- Oranges, Tangerines, Nectarines, Grapefruits have an excellent source of vitamin C, contains diverse phytochemicals, including carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin), flavonoids, and numerous volatile organic compounds. Along with vitamin C, these super fruits have also micronutrients (essential elements required by organisms in varying quantities throughout life to orchestrate a range of physiological functions to maintain health).
- Pineapple has vitamin B6 that regulates blood sugar, vitamin C, manganese, copper, thiamin, folate, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, iron, it helps you relax, is perfect as a natural antacid, increase the ability to focus and is rich in antioxidants.
- Banana improves digestive health, aid weight loss, supports heart health, contains powerful antioxidants, improve insulin sensitivity, and improve kidney health.
- Strawberries: Due to the high content of minerals (iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium) and trace elements (zinc, sulfur, iodine), strawberries have tonic properties. The tiny strawberry seeds prevent constipation and contain soluble fibers that lower cholesterol in the blood. Another benefit of strawberries is the presence of a particular sugar (levulose) that is slowly assimilated into the blood. Also, strawberries are known for Immunity Booster, Fighting against Cancer cells, Skin health, Fights cholesterol, are natural Anti-inflammatory, Keeps Blood Pressure in Check, and Controlling type 2 diabetes.
- Mint is a calming and soothing herb, used for thousands of years to aid with stomach problems or indigestion. Mint increase bile secretion and encourage bile flow, which helps to speed and ease digestion (and which may also support healthy cholesterol levels).
- Kiwi, like oranges, is high in Vitamin C. If you thought that lemons and oranges were the highest sources of Vitamin C, then think again! Also, this fruit is a great source of dietary fiber, helps with digestion, a good source of folate, and girls, kiwi is the best fruit to help your skin stay healthy and smooth!
- Grapes are great sources of nutrients, antioxidants, and are well known for vitamins C, K, and B6. This fruit has also thiamine, riboflavin, potassium, copper, and manganese. Another great health benefit is that they offer protection against certain types of cancer.
Summer is the most suitable season in which we can lose weight without much “headaches”. The easiest way to lose weight is by eating lots of salads (with fruits or vegetables, even combined). Florida fruit salad is a very tasty preparation that, in addition to health benefits, offers an excellent opportunity for the weight loss diet. Well, I am referring to my recipe for Florida fruit salad and not the other recipes found on the internet for this kind of dish.
Do you want a salad for a special occasion? Florida fruit salad, my recipe, is the best choice to serve summer-salad with all the benefits included, benefits shown above. It can also be served very easily and looks great. For a better design, you can add 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream on it.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.