- 3 large Carrotsgrated
- 1 medium Zucchinigrated
- 5 medium Eggs
- 1 medium brown Onionsliced
- 100g reduced fat Feta Cheesecrumbled
- 1 cup Plain Flour
Prepare the ingredients
Grate the carrots and zucchini, slice the onion and crumble feta.
Prepare the mixture
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease casserole dish with oil. Whisk the eggs and combine with carrot, zucchini, and onion as shown in directions. Fold through crumbled feta, then add the flour and mix until combined.
Cook the carrots and feta pie
Pour mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I love the morning tea, especially during winter days. The Carrot and Feta Pie can be served as a snack for breakfast or afternoon tea. Remember though, if you are a coffee drinker instead of tea, this recipe isn’t what you are looking for.
Content on this page…
As I said above, this recipe is great to serve as a snack for morning or afternoon tea. It can be prepared easily with few ingredients and in no time. For sure you have in your kitchen some eggs, zucchini, onion, carrots, and flour. The only ingredient you should buy is the reduced-fat feta. The taste is one of a kind and the color just fabulous. Carrot and Feta Pie can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free plain flour in place of the regular wheat plain flour. If you didn’t taste heaven, you should do it by tasting this pie.
Besides the morning tea, for a complete meal serve with vegetables or salad and try to include some meat, nuts, legumes, tofu or other protein sources. It also can be eaten as a snack between meals.
This morning I woke up at 05:00 and didn’t know what to do. All my family was asleep and I was staying in my kitchen with a cup of tea, wondering what goes well with it. I started to experiment with the ingredients I’ve had, a bit of that, a bit of that and the Carrot and Feta Pie was born. When my family woke up, they had at breakfast this wonderful pie, simple and full of flavor… and a cup of tea. This is my newest recipe for breakfast, one I will prepare again for sure. Let me know how you liked it.
If you are a morning person and like to have your stomach full and a great start, there isn’t more recommended than tea with organic biscuits, toasted bread with margarine, and… Carrot and Feta Pie. If you choose this recipe to eat along with the tea, let it 30 minutes (or better.. one hour) to be digested and you can start your jogging, yoga, or any other morning exercises.
Flour is the only ingredient that helps in weight gain, which is why I recommend that this recipe be made with reduced-fat feta. As a serving, it is enough to eat a 3-4 inch square slice. Thus you will not have to worry about gaining weight. Moreover, it is very hearty and you will not be hungry for some time after serving carrot and feta pie.
I have seen recipes for cake tops, checks, rolls, where loafers are used, although they are not really needed. And the problem is that they are used in large quantities. I will tell you a few simple secrets, step by step, for the pie to come out extremely puffy without baking powder.
- Eggs should be as fresh as possible. When the egg breaks, the yolk should remain in the middle and the white part should be tight around the egg, retaining the shape. If the egg white spreads, the eggs are old.
- The vessel in which the white is beaten must be very clean, dry, without traces of water and fat, because otherwise, the white will not beat well.
- Carefully separate the yolk from the egg white.
- The egg white needs to be mixed well until it has a strong foam and retains its shape.
- Separately, the yolk is beaten. Leave aside at least 10 minutes. Combine with carrot, zucchini, onion, and crumbled feta.
- On top of the yolk add the mixed egg white foam and mix extremely easily, from the bottom to the top, with slow movements, so that the air does not come out.
- Sprinkle flour mixing extremely easily, from the bottom to the top, with slow movements.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.