- 1 pound loaf French Bread
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/3 cup Margarineat room temperature
- Instead of Garlic Clove, use Garlic Powder
- Instead of Margarine, use Butterat room temperature
Mix the garlic and margarine
Heat the oven to 400º. Peel and finely chop the garlic, then mix the garlic and margarine.
Preparing the bread and combining
Cut the bread crosswise into 1-inch slices and spread margarine mixture over 1 side of each one of them. Reassemble the loaf, and wrap securely in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
Garlic Bread is a simple, yet tasty recipe which can be made in your kitchen without any sophisticated tools. Usually, garlic bread is eaten along with pork meat, but you can serve it as you like. The recipe is taken from Betty Crocker’s basic cookbook.
Content on this recipe…
In this recipe, I use French bread due to its thick composition and its flavor, but you can also use Italian bread (thicker crust). Besides the fact it is very tasty eaten simple, it is also good to eat with other dishes, including fried or boiled eggs, omelet, or even salads. It is simple to prepare, and can be a great addition to your lunch or dinner. Garlic bread stems from bruschetta, which appeared in Italy around the 15th century, and can be traced back to Ancient Rome. It is usually prepared during big meals events or when you have invited some guests.
Ingredients for this recipe are French bread, garlic, and margarine.. but garlic can be substituted with garlic powder and margarine can be substituted with butter. Either variation you want to use, it will be perfect. I use natural garlic for more health benefits.
The benefits of garlic bread are according to the type of bread used. If the bread is made with whole wheat brown floor, then it will be loaded with fibre and other nutrients. Moreover, garlic is known to super-stimulate the immune system, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and helps prevent heart disease. The downside is if you eat too much garlic bread, let’s say your weight-loss program will be in vain. For the best results, I recommend 4 pieces maximum if you want to maintain a balance between tastiness, weight-loss, and health benefits.
There are some variations for the garlic bread recipe. As people are different, so are the taste buds. Here are these variations:
1. Herb-Cheese Bread
Omit the garlic. Mix 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, and 1/8 teaspoon salt with the margarine.
2. Onion Bread
Omit the garlic. Mix 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion or chives with the margarine.
3. Seeded Bread
Omit the garlic. Mix 1 teaspoon celery seed, poppy seed, dill seed, or sesame seed with the margarine.
- To save time, heat the bread in your microwave. Do not wrap loaf in foil. Instead, divide the loaf in half, and place halves side by side in a napkin-lined microwavable basket or on a microwavable dinner plate. Cover with napkin and microwave on Medium (50%) 1.5 to 3 minutes, rotating basket 1/2 turn after 1 minute, until bread is hot.
- If using margarine, purchase regular margarine or a spread that contains at least 65 percent vegetable oil and is in a stick form.
- Spreads with less fat have more water, and the bread may get slightly soggy.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.