- 8 Cherry TomatoesChop in half
- 1.5 medium Cucumberchopped
- 1/2 medium Red Onionsliced
- 1 Capsicumsliced
- 3.5 oz. Greek Olivessquare chopped
- 3.5 oz. Feta Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 4.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Herbs
Prepare the vegetables
Wash the vegetables. Chop in half the cherry tomatoes, chop the feta cheese in square portions and finely chop the cucumber. Then, slice the capsicum and onion.
Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, olives, and feta in a large bowl, then sprinkle with oregano and Mediterranean herbs.
Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a jug. Drizzle the salad with oil mixture and mix hard. Enjoy!
Additional Info for Greek Salad for Weight-Loss & Healthy Lifestyle
Greek salad is one of the healthiest and simplest salads I know. You don’t need to be a cook to make it, but can make a great meat accompaniment, no matter what side dish you have prepared.
Content on this page…
The Greek Cuisine, part of Mediterranean cuisine, can be easily distinguished due to its special flavors and simplicity. Their way of cooking and arranging the dishes is unique, and this recipe is also one of the best dishes I ever tasted along with any type of pork meat, especially grilled. The greek salad is prepared mostly during the spring and summer days when freshness isn’t only in the air, but also in our kitchens. For a better taste, I recommend using local products, even kilometer 0 vegetables. When I do not know what to cook anymore, I choose first my salad and then I choose what goes well with it, and when I choose a greek salad, grilling the steak is what my family will have for dinner.
Having so many vegetables, or better said, super-veggies that offer a great immunity to viruses and bacteria and a lot of vitamins and nutrients, this greek preparation is in the top 10 healthiest salads on earth (among simple salads*). Bellow, you’ll find the vitamins, nutrients, minerals and health benefit of each ingredient for greek salad (within this recipe). What I’ve written below is only a part of the many benefits these veggies have!
- Tomatoes: This veggie is a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Cucumber: This veggie has a lot of vitamins, dietary fiber, and water, and helps in case of indigestion. Having a cucumber daily can solve issues related to bowel movements and hence help you combat constipation. As other health benefits, the cucumber contains antioxidants, promotes hydration, Aid in Weight Loss, lowers blood sugar, and is very easy to add it to your diet.
- Onion: This veggie contains fiber and folic acid, B vitamins that help the body make healthy new cells, and are great whether they’re raw or cooked, though raw onions have higher levels of organic sulfur compounds that provide many benefits. These incredible vegetables have also minerals that aid in weight-loss.
- Capsicum: This veggie is an excellent source of vitamin A and C (red contain more than green capsicums). Capsicum is also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, B6, folate, and was found to have beneficial effects on liver damage.
- Greek Olives: These tiny veggies bring a lot of fiber, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and as well as B vitamins. Greek olives contain also phenolic compounds, which are natural antioxidants.
Besides the health benefits from above, Greek salad is low-calorie and nutrient-dense, also providing you with potassium and iron. It also contains phytonutrients and a lot of antioxidants, which reduces the risk of health problems such as heart disease and cancer. The greek salad also boosts your energy during a stressful day, making your body supercharged.
If you want to lose weight and want to include a salad to be compatible with your diet, the greek salad is the best option for this. Thanks to onion and cucumber (vegetables that are eaten in every weight-loss diet), the greek salad is one of the best choices if you want to lose that belly fat.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.