- 3 cups Pineapple - Fresh
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 2 large Kiwi
- 3 medium Banana
- 4 leafs of Mint
- 1 cup Blueberries - Fresh
- 1/2 cup Honey
You can also add, if you like
- to taste grated Coconut
Prepare the fruits for the salad
After washing all the fruits, peel the pineapple and cut the pulp into cubes (for example 1-inch chunks). Slice strawberries in half and peel and slice the kiwi. Peel and slice the bananas.
Add the fruits in 4 serving glasses
Divide the fruits equally for the 4 glasses. Add in each glass the fruits, add honey (but do not fill the glass with honey) and one mint leaf over the fruits. If you choose also to add the grated coconut, you can add it last, just sprinkle over the fruit salad. Enjoy!
Any exotic salad is a great refresh for our body and mind, especially during the summer days. As it is written in the title, this recipe is BIO and the best chance you’ll have bio ingredients is during the summer season.
Content on this page…
The greatest thing about Hawaiian Fruit Salad is that it can be used for various diets, diets like weight-loss, detox, healthy, or anything you can think about. It also can be a great dessert for raw Vegan, vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. Prepared only with bio ingredients, it can be your energy booster anytime. The ingredient list contains tropical (or exotic) fruits, such as pineapple, kiwi, banana, and grated coconut if you desire. The other ingredients are standard and can be strawberries, apples, blueberries or anything you can think of. What I have chosen can be seen in the ingredients list, where I added also bio Honey (taken directly from the hives). The taste and combined flavors are divine and can indulge any food critic.
I do respect each chosen lifestyle, and my readers saw this. I try to show my experience and write the best recipes I have to encourage the home cooking. This fruit dessert respects the raw vegan and vegetarian lifestyle, adding a healthy fruit salad to your diet.
Have you started a healthy diet and crave for a dessert? This is one of the best flavored fruit salad you’ll find due to the exotic/tropical selection of fruits. Why is it so healthy? Let’s take fruit by fruit and see the most important health benefits:
- Kiwi is high in Vitamin C. This fruit is a great source of dietary fiber, helps with digestion, a good source of folate, and the best fruit to help your skin stay healthy and smooth!
- Pineapple has vitamin B6 that regulates blood sugar, vitamin C, manganese, copper, thiamin, folate, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, iron, it helps you relax, is perfect as a natural antacid, increase the ability to focus, and is rich in antioxidants.
- Strawberries: Due to the high content of minerals (iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium) and trace elements (zinc, sulfur, iodine), strawberries have tonic properties. The tiny strawberry seeds prevent constipation and contain soluble fibers that lower cholesterol in the blood. Another benefit of strawberries is the presence of a particular sugar (levulose) that is slowly assimilated into the blood. Also, strawberries are known for Immunity Booster, Fighting against Cancer cells, Skin health, Fights cholesterol, are natural Anti-inflammatory, Keeps Blood Pressure in Check, and Controlling type 2 diabetes.
- Banana improves digestive health, aid weight loss, supports heart health, contains powerful antioxidants, improve insulin sensitivity, and improve kidney health.
- Mint (it’s only one leaf for any serving, but if you include more you’ll have also the following benefits) is a calming and soothing herb, used for thousands of years to aid with stomach problems or indigestion. Mint increase bile secretion and encourage bile flow, which helps to speed and ease digestion (and which may also support healthy cholesterol levels).
- Blueberries have a significant impact on cardiovascular health, cancer prevention, and brainpower. In addition to polyphenols, blueberries are an excellent source of vitamins K and C, manganese, and fiber.
I start by saying that this dish should not replace a balanced weight loss diet. The Hawaiian Fruit salad can be eaten as dessert or brunch, being a revitalizer and energy booster with very low saturated content (almost inexistent). The weight-loss diets must be balanced and you need a nutritionist to follow one. The Hawaiian fruit salad will work only as dessert, once a day maximum!
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.