- 2 cups florets from Cauliflowerbroken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped Spinach
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 14-inch Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup plant-based Light Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Water
When it comes to vegan pizzas, you only need ideas and very few ingredients. Usually, people who follow slimming diets are searching for vegan pizzas too. This is the Indian version for cauliflower pizza, therefore, if you didn’t try it until now, I strongly recommend to have a slice.
Content on this page…
- Did you Know?
- About Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza recipe
- Indian food & cuisine
- The Vegan Golden Cauliflower Pizza can be transformed in Vegetarian
- Can I freeze or refrigerate Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza?
- Notes and Tips
- Recipe Instructions (Steps for Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza) ↓
In Indian cooking, ingredients such as turmeric and cumin are often used to season cauliflower. They not only provide flavor but also give the vegetable a golden color. This pizza topping served on a base of traditional tomato sauce and plant-based cheese can be the best option for the lunch break if you are in a hurry. The cauliflower pizza incorporates Indian spices while still staying true to the concept of Italian pizza.
These are some of the most creatively delicious pizzas you’ll ever prepare! Spicy and saucy cauliflower on top of crispy homemade whole wheat pizza crusts … are you hungry yet? Because they’re meant to be served individually, these pizzas would be the perfect appetizers for any party. In this recipe, I used already prepared pizza crusts, but to make it better, prepare your own dough.
One of the things I love most about food is the ability to connect. Connecting to people or in the case of this cauliflower pizza, a place. This recipe connects me back to my hometown and with it, my family. Plus, it’s just a really good, funky pizza. The Indian cauliflower pizza is packed with delicious, punchy flavor. A combination of warm spices, gentle sweetness, and the brightness of Indian most-used herbs.
In my opinion, when it comes to flavor, Indian cuisine tops the charts with its variety of sauces and spices, from the well-known curry, tikka masala and tandoori, to the exotic and delicious bhuna, korma and jalfrezi. The first iterations of Indian pizza emerged into the world and went straight into the stomachs of hungry diners. There were two options initially: “Best Indian Veggie Pizza“, made with a mix of eggplant, cauliflower ginger, garlic, and spinach and “Best Indian Meat Pizza”, crafted from a mix of tandoori chicken, lamb, spinach, cilantro, and include toppings like chicken tikka masala and daal makhani, a creamy lentil dish. Though Indian pizza is not a mainstream phenomenon (yet), it is incredibly popular among Indians and non-Indians alike.
This recipe can be easily transformed into a vegetarian one by adding all types of cheese, from mozzarella to Parmigiano, or you can combine mozzarella with another type of cheese for a glorious pizza . You can also add an egg to it and will be a plus of taste and consistency.
How long does Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza last in the refrigerator or freezer? The exact answer to this question depends to a large extent on storage conditions – refrigerate Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza within two hours of cooking. Properly stored, cooked Indian Golden Cauliflower Pizza will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. As for freezing it, the Indian golden cauliflower pizza will maintain the best quality for 10 to 12 months but will remain safe beyond that time.
- You can prepare a gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust. It’s perfect for people who still want to eat their pizza while following a low-carb or food combining diet.
- Making cauliflower pizza is straight-forward, but a little labor-intensive. If you start with fresh cauliflower, you’ll need to steam it until tender.
- Once your cauliflower is tender, you’ll need to squeeze out the moisture that cauliflower naturally contains. This is the secret to getting a dry crust.
- Non-Vegan tip – Once the cauliflower is very dry, you can mix it with an egg, soft goat cheese (which gives the crust a better texture than using shredded cheese), and some Italian seasonings.
- The crust won’t be like anything else you’ve worked with before– you spread it with a spatula, and use your hands to press and shape the dough.
- Bake until the crust is dry and golden, then flip it and bake longer until the other side isn’t soggy.
- One last thing to keep in mind when making a cauliflower pizza crust is that you should try to keep the toppings minimal. Go light on the sauce, so that it doesn’t re-hydrate the crust and make it soggy, and the same goes for the cheese (plant-based if vegan).
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.
Prepare the golden sauce
In a medium or large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt, and stir. Add the cauliflower florets and stir until they are glistening with the spiced oil, about 2 minutes, turning often. Add water, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes, adding more water if needed.
Bake the pizza
Remove from the pan and set aside. On the pizza crusts, spread a bit of tomato sauce, some plant-based light cheese, and the special golden sauce from step 1 (along with the cauliflower florets). Bake following the instructions for the pizza crust (usually 10 minutes). Enjoy!