- 4 Medium ApplesGranny Smith, Wealthy sau Rome Beauty
- 2/3 Cup Brown SugarPacked
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/3 Cup MargarineAt room temperature
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 50g Ice Cream
- Instead of Margarine, use Butter
Cut the apples
Mix the other ingredients
Mix the 2/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of oats, 1/3 cup margarine (or butter), 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Mix them all with a fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the apples.
Baking to become the Apple Crisp Dessert
Bake about 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with ice cream on top.
Apple Crisp dessert is a simple recipe that can be prepared with ease at home, has a wonderful taste and will delight all your family members. When we think of dessert, we think of sugar, chocolate, ice-cream, etc. But why not be in fashion fruits among desserts for a healthier way?
Content on this page…
The Apple Crisp dessert is suitable in any season, brings harmony to your taste buds, it is a light and balanced dessert, and it is also preferred by kids. To give it the right texture, like crispy, it is good to mix brown sugar, flour, and oats. Preparing or serving a dessert doesn’t need to be about chocolate every time, fruit can be a healthier and sometimes better substitute. For persons who like fresh desserts, the apple crisp is one of the best choices, especially during summer days.
I propose a simple recipe with baked apple crisp with ground nutmeg or ice cream. It is said that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, being beneficial for health, therefore, why not choosing fruit desserts? It’s up to your taste, but you could combine what’s healthy with ice cream and your family will have a double benefit (like this Apple Crisp Recipe).
Regarding the apples, it is recommended to choose the best ones, apples like Granny Smith, Wealthy, or Rome Beauty. These three types are by far the best option.
- The Granny Smith apple variety was discovered in Australia in the 1860s. This variety is versatile and suitable for baking.
- The Wealthy apple variety is low in calories and contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, it is also rich in fiber.
- Rome Beauty is a cooking apple originating near Rome Township, Ohio, in the early 19th century. It remains popular for its glossy red fruit and for its utility in cooking.
Apples are a great source of vitamin C, fiber content, and also contain polyphenols, which may have numerous health benefits. Their high soluble fiber helps lower cholesterol levels. Because apple has polyphenols, it will help lower blood pressure, lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, and stroke risk. The best fact regarding the apples is they have several naturally occurring compounds that may help fight cancer. Observational studies have linked them to a lower risk of cancer and death from cancer.
I do not really have an answer to this question. Every one of us has different tastes, therefore, what ice cream I like isn’t the best option for you. For example, my best option is strawberry flavor, but my husband likes caramel flavor on his apple crisp. That’s why in the ingredient list I didn’t add any type or brand. What you like is the best ice cream for this apple crisp.
Many varieties of apples are available in supermarkets, therefore, you need to decide only what you’ll choose. The ones used for cooking and baking remain flavorful and firm when baked. Use a vegetable peeler to peel apples (this is the best way) or take out the skin with a knife. Using the peeler, you will remove just the thin skin, this not being possible with a knife. Here are some notes also:
- Essential Equipment: 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round pan.
- Blueberry Crisp: Substitute 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries for the apples. If using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain them first.
- Cherry Crisp: Substitute a 21-ounce can cherry pie filling for the apples.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.