- 1 can Artichoke16 ounce
- 4 medium Green Onionwith tops
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Use salad dressing instead of mayonnaise
Can be eaten with
- Some Crackersif desired
- Some Cocktail Rye Breadif desired
Prepare the Onions
Prepare the artichoke
Drain the artichoke hearts in a strainer. Chop the artichoke hearts into small pieces.
Mix the ingredients
Mix the green onions, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise and cheese in the ungreased casserole.
Bake the Artichoke Dip
Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot. You can serve the Artichoke Dip with crackers.
Artichoke Dip recipe is a simple and tasty dish, usually put on the table as a snack or appetizer. The Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Cheese can be eaten with crackers or cocktail rye bread.
Content on this recipe…
- Did you Know?
- About Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Cheese Recipe
- For a Lighter Artichoke Dip recipe
- The lighter version is also Healthier
- What goes well with Artichoke Dip?
- How long can it be refrigerated or frozen?
- Notes and Tips
With only 99 calories and 6.4 Total Fat content, this recipe is one of the greatest dishes for persons who need to lose weight and has a lot of health benefits due to the artichoke and green onions. I make this dish almost every month, especially during the autumn season. I don’t really know why I like it more in autumn, but hey, that’s only me. I tried once to add some bacon in there, it turned out to be a good idea, but the taste was radically changed. Anyway, if you’re a “meat-eater“, try this crazy bacon idea. But keep in mind that adding bacon, will increase the calories and fat content, and if you need to lose weight, that’s not a good idea. Your choice!
For 1 gram of fat and 20 calories per serving, use 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt and three tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise for the 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Doing so will reduce the fat content even more, but the taste will be slightly different. To be honest, I like the original Artichoke Dip recipe, as noted below.
If you search for the healthiest recipe for Artichoke Dip, the lighter version from above is what you need. It can be used also for slimming diets (not strict ones) or you’ve adopted a healthy lifestyle.
Serve your dip with baguette slices, pretzel chips, fresh vegetables, pita chips, or breadsticks. Any of these are great with it, but keep in mind that you should avoid eating more than 3-4 small portions (in case you have weight issues).
If you want to refrigerate the Artichoke Dip, you can do so by wrapping it in tight containers and place in the refrigerator for up to 24-32 hours. As for freezing, sour cream and mayo tend to separate and become watery. I didn’t try to freeze it, and I recommend the same for you.
- Essential Equipment: 1-quart casserole.
- To save time, mix the ingredients in a microwavable casserole. Cover with plastic wrap, folding back 2-inch edge to vent. Microwave on Medium-High (70%) 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Prepare this dip ahead of time, and refrigerate up to 24-32 hours. Heat when you are ready to serve it. Increase bake time by about 5-7 minutes, depending on the freezing temperature.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.