Snacks Perfect for the Super Bowl
What do you call a Super Bowl party with no snacks? A Fumble!
The only thing more important than the Super Bowl game is: what are we going to eat? Soft pretzels, chocolate chips, cheesy bites, tortilla chips, and chicken wings are all crowd favorites.
We know one thing for sure: you need a combination of flavors. We’ve rounded up the best snacks for your game day guests, from sweet to savory, with some options for the health-conscious.
Keep reading this piece for a list of recipes that you can use to make some delicious snacks for your Super Bowl watch party.
Those Who Have a Sweet Tooth
Don’t leave out sweet desserts when you prepare a Super Bowl party. Here are some delicious treats for your Super Bowl party that will definitely impress your sweet-toothed friends.
Strawberries dipped in chocolate
A classic chocolate-dipped strawberry is a must-have for a quick, tasty, and guaranteed-to-be-loved snack.
All you need are fresh strawberries, regular chocolate melt, and white chocolate melt.
- Heat your chocolates in the microwave. After it melts, stick a toothpick in the middle of the strawberry.
- Using the stick, dip the strawberries into the chocolate melts.
- Set it on a piece of wax paper to cool.
- While we wait for the chocolate-covered strawberries to cool, take your plastic bag and pour the melted white chocolate inside.
- Now, use the white chocolate to paint white stripes on the strawberry chocolate balls until they look like a miniature football.
Super Bowl sundae
You can’t go wrong with a sundae, but you want to be creative and make it special for the Super Bowl.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Start with a layer of your favorite ice cream in a bowl; ours is vanilla.
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a bowl and spread it out to make the football field.
- Add whipped cream around the edges of the bowl to create a stadium effect.
- Sprinkle some sprinkles on top of the ice cream for decoration, and add maraschino cherries in each corner for goal posts.
- For extra flavor, drizzle the chocolate syrup over the top of the ice cream to create lines for the football field.
- Serve and enjoy.
For the Savory Set
Sweet treats aren’t for everyone when it comes to the Super Bowl. Many Americans prefer to enjoy savory, salty, and spicy snacks when watching the game.
Here are some great savory snacks for your Super Bowl party:
Korean fried chicken
That’s right, we’re replacing our regular hot wings with spicy Korean fried chicken this year. Here’s how to make it:
- Let’s begin by cutting your chicken into easy-to-eat pieces. Put it in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, minced garlic, and a teaspoon of vinegar. Mix it gently.
- Set it aside for 30 to 40 minutes to marinade.
- Get a large mixing bowl and use a one-to-one ratio of water and frying powder. The amount of batter depends on your servings.
- Dip the chicken into the batter and add Cajun seasonings if you like. Now, the batter is all set.
- Next, get a large container with a lid and spread the frying powder inside.
- Transfer your chicken to the container.
- Try to put them separately so they don’t stick together.
- Once again, cover them with more powder. Shake it well.
- Heat the chicken over medium-high heat. Stir the chicken while it’s cooking so that it doesn’t stick together.
- Let’s move on to the sauce. Into a bowl, add: 1 tablespoon of Korean chili paste, 5 tablespoons of ketchup, 1 tablespoon of pepper flakes, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and 4 tablespoons of starch syrup.
- Next, boil your sauce in a pan.
- When the chicken gets golden brown and has that crisp exterior, pour it into the spicy sauce and stir it. That’s it!
For a faster cooking time, use boneless chicken breasts; they are more tender and flavorful. Serve your Korean fried chicken with pickled radish and cucumber on the side.
The football season would be incomplete without sandwiches. Here’s an epic pinwheel that is sure to impress your guests:
- Begin by mixing mayonnaise and ranch seasoning in a small bowl.
- Put tortillas flat on a clean surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on each tortilla.
- On the bottom two-thirds of each tortilla, put two to three slices of cheese. Ham and turkey go well with cheese.
- Put two or three lettuce leaves on top of the meat and roll it up tight.
- If you want to serve it right away, cut it into 1-inch rounds and put them on a platter.
- Put the seam side down on a baking sheet and put it in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut it.
The air fryer is a hit right now, and it’s the perfect tool to make crispy, tasty pasta and other homemade chips.
Follow these steps to make pasta chips:
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, pasta takes about 8 minutes to cook al dente.
- Drain the pasta when cooked and mix it with Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a big bowl.
- Cook in batches in the air fryer at 400° until golden brown and crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes, tossing them halfway through.
- Spread on a baking sheet to completely cool. Pair it with warm marinara sauce.
We’re willing to bet that even if you don’t like football, you do like cheese and appetizers. The carte blanche board is a classic game-day food, and you can be as creative as you like.
Here is a piece of advice: Apply cutting board oil and board creams to prevent any other liquids (blood, bacteria) and moisture from penetrating the board.
Now, let’s start with the basics. Get a variety of cheeses, meats, and crackers. Add some olives, nuts, dried fruits, and pickles for a sweet and salty combination.
For an extra touch of flavor, add some dips like hummus or guacamole. And don’t forget to add some fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes or celery sticks.
Finally, place everything on the board, and you’re ready for game day!
Here are some of the best game-day snacks for your vegetarian guests:
Buffalo cauliflower wings
They are simple to prepare, tasty, and vegan-friendly. Here’s how to make cauliflower wings with buffalo sauce:
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
- Using parchment paper, line a large baking sheet with a rack.
- Prepare 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower. It is cored and broken into large florets.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 eggs with pepper and salt.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dish.
- Then, cauliflower should be added to the bowl. When combined with clean hands.
- Now, place 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder, and 1 tablespoon of garlic and onion powder in a large zip-lock bag.
- Shake vigorously.
- Then, transfer the cauliflower coated in egg to the zip-top bag. Seal the bag and thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each piece. Bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine melted vegan butter with hot buffalo sauce.
- After the cauliflower has finished roasting, remove it from the oven with care.
- Employ a basting brush to coat the pieces evenly with the sauce.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for approximately five minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy.
Simple vegan guacamole snack recipe
You could say the Super Bowl is as much about food as it is about football.
For example, did you know Americans buy over 8 million pounds of avocados to prepare guacamole or include in their Super Bowl meals?
So, of course, we’re going to make a classic vegan guacamole. Follow these instructions to make some for yourself:
- Take half the avocados and take out the center.
- Put the flesh in a bowl and use a fork to smash it.
- Blend in the fresh lime juice.
- Mix in the chopped red onion, tomato slices, and chopped cilantro. Add black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips, raw vegetables cut into thin slices, or flat breads to dip.
Your Game-day Menu is ready!
Whether you love football or just want to watch the halftime show, the Super Bowl is a great time to get together with family and friends and eat some hearty food.
Find tasty food here so you can get ready for the big game. I hope you have a lot of fun at the Super Bowl party.