- 1 small Jalapeño Chiliremove seeds and white membrane, and mince (about 1 Tbsp);
- 1 Tablespoon Garlicminced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2.5 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Water
- 3 Tablespoons brown Sugar
- 14 oz Chicken Breastboneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Saucelite
- 1 Tablespoon Sesameseeds
- 1 Tablespoon Gingerminced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlicminced
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Wraps and Other Ingredients
- 12 big leaves from Asian Cabbagefor wrapping
- 1 small Kapia Pepperchopped
- 2 small Carrotscut lengthwise
- 1/2 small Cucumberchopped
- 2 leaves Basil - Freshchopped
- A lot of 💖 Love 💖
Prepare the ingredients
remove seeds and white membrane, and mince the Jalapeno chili (about 1 Tbsp); Mince the garlic and ginger, squeeze the lemon for lemon juice, chop the cucumber, fresh basil, and kapia pepper. Then, cut lengthwise the carrots. The chicken breast must be boneless and skinless, then cut it into cubes.
Prepare the sauce
To prepare the sauce, add all ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and let sit in the hot saucepan for 3–5 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until cold.
Prepare and cook the Chicken
Prepare the chicken by heating oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add ginger and garlic, and stir fry briefly until cooked but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken breast cubes, and continue to stir fry for 5–8 minutes.
Continue to cook the chicken with the rest of ingredients
Add soy sauce and sesame seeds, and return to a boil for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and cover with lid to hold warm in hot sauté pan.
Assemble each wrap
Place one large Asian cabbage leaf on a plate, then add chicken cubes, chopped basil, carrots, cucumber, kapia pepper, and fold together. Serve two wraps with ¼ cup of sauce. Enjoy!
Asian Chicken Wraps is a great recipe for lunch, even for dinner. If you’re following a weight-loss diet, this dish can be added to your meal plan without question.
Content on this page…
Asian chicken wrap is a simple recipe with the perfect combination of savory, spicy, tangy, and sweet flavor-notes.
I love the Asian flavors of hoisin and soy sauce, combined with the hearty Asian cabbage and tender chicken, this meal manages to be extremely satisfying and delicious.
I am a big fan of cabbage-like wraps, especially after I refined & posted my special recipe for Japanese Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken. This kind of dish is low in carbs, have low-calorie and low fat intake, and you can eat a lot of them without any kind of guilt (weight-guilt).
This is the easiest, quickest meal you could ever prepare. And if you’re quick in the kitchen, you could even get this on the lunch or dinner table in less than 15 minutes. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and you can easily double or triple the recipe as needed.
Asian chicken wraps are most definitely one of those super easy recipes you’ll want to use time and time again. On top of the taste, these kinds of wraps are very healthy.
These Asian-style chicken wraps are juicy, spicy, fresh, and delicious. A fantastic lunch, appetizer, or dinner. Plus they’re less than 100 calories each.
Asian-style chicken wraps are low-carb and low calorie. This recipe is no exception, you can taste all the Asian goodness… pure delight in every bite!
If eating healthy means eating this kind of food, I like a lot this lifestyle. The sauce is extremely “addicting” due to its special flavor, leaving a great taste after a few moments from the first bite.
As for weight-loss features, chicken (or any type of poultry) is proven to be a slimming helper.
As per Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner, Shilpa Arora, “Chicken is full of lean protein that helps you keep full for a longer time because protein helps the body burn fat more effectively.
Adding chicken to your weight loss diet may help you build lean muscle mass, which is vital for keeping your metabolism strong and healthy.
Besides the chicken, the other ingredients are used in such slimming programs, ingredients as Jalapeno chili pepper, garlic, Asian cabbage, carrots, and cucumber.
You can refrigerate the stuffing or freeze it but without the lettuce. The chicken filling can be prepared in advance and just reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave. Chicken wraps make awesome leftovers. If you are packing these up for lunch, make sure not to assemble them beforehand otherwise you will end up with soggy lettuce wraps. The mixture, on the other hand, can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months and reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. As for refrigeration, the chicken mixture can be refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
Of course, you can. Replace the soy sauce with 2 tbsp tamari and 1 tbsp water mixed with a pinch of bouillon.
- Look for Asian cabbage that is large enough to hold the filling. Romaine lettuce and baby romaine are also great.
- The leaves of butter or Boston lettuce are smaller, but also wonderful.
- If you prefer, you can turn this into a big chopped salad by simply chop the Asian cabbage or lettuce leaves.
- If you want to turn this into a main dish, add some steamed rice and serve each wrap with rice and chicken, it’s very good!
- You can replace the chicken breast with chicken thigh, or even beef/turkey/pork mince.
- If you want the sauce a little thicker, stir in a little cornflour/cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water) a splash at a time until thickened to your liking.
- You can add shredded cabbage, carrot sticks, celery, or bok choy too.
- I’ve made this recipe once, using chicken and turkey, and both worked great.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.