- 1.1 Lb. Chicken Tenderloinssliced
- 2 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 large leaves from Lettuce
- 1 green Capsicumsliced in strips
- 2 medium Carrotsgrated
- 2 Beetrootgrated
- 1 medium Cucumbersliced
- 1 medium Avocadosliced
- 1 cup long grain white Rice
Because I am on a weight-loss diet I thought to follow an Asian program, and because the Teriyaki Chicken has a great taste, I wanted a recipe to have both features. What can be greater than Japanese Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken?
Content on this page…
- Did you Know?
- About the Japanese Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken recipe
- What to do more than this recipe for a healthy life?
- Why Lettuce with Teriyaki Chicken? Why this combo?
- How does teriyaki sauce taste like?
- Recipe Instructions (Steps for Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken レタス照り焼きチキン) ↓
I was standing in my restaurant thinking about a recipe that has both weight-loss and great flavor features, and I remembered that Teriyaki Chicken with Couscous is ok for losing weight.. but I wanted more. Then it occurred to me combining lettuce with teriyaki chicken and have a tasty Japanese meal and also lose belly fat. The ingredients are simple, yet not a few… It isn’t a cheap recipe, but it will worth your time and money. Just make sure you’ll buy super large lettuce leaves, and if you want (I didn’t add in it) to buy hot chili sauce, sweet chili sauce or natural yogurt because it goes along great with Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken. Here is also a tip for the chicken raw meat: “When cutting raw poultry, use hard-plastic cutting boards. They are less porous than wooden cutting boards and are easily cleaned or washed in a dishwasher“.
Healthy eating is a good start to staying healthy, but don’t forget to look after all of you (family). Maintaining good physical and mental health can help your body and mind cope with the demands of daily life. Good nutrition and an active lifestyle boosts your immune system, makes you feel good and can help your mental health, including reducing stress and improving your mood and sleep.
The food and drinks we choose every day play a big role in our overall health. Healthy eating is about balancing the foods we eat and ensuring plenty of variety. Selecting an intake of foods (healthy, of course) will provide your body with all the energy, nutrients, vitamins and minerals that it needs. This is possible every day, even on a budget. How much you need to consume each day depends on your age, gender, body size, and physical activity level.
- Doing any physical activity is better than doing none. If you currently do no physical activity, start by doing some, and gradually build-up to the recommended amount.
- Be active on most, preferably all, days every week.
- Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes (2.5 to 5 hours) of moderate-intensity physical activity or 75 to 150 minutes (1.25 to 2.5 hours) of vigorous-intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities, each week.
- Do muscle-strengthening activities on at least 2 days each week.
- Prepare the Japanese Lettuce & Teriyaki Chicken (レタス照り焼きチキン) and sing at the same time :P.
- Minimize the amount of time spent in prolonged sitting.
- Break up long periods of sitting as often as possible.
Besides the fact this is a well-known combination, Lettuce goes well with Teriyaki Chicken and offers a great bed for it. This combo is also great due to its meal design and can be used for special occasions like home birthday parties, sleep-overs or any other occasion with friends invited.
Think of teriyaki sauce like a bittersweet sauce with a salty-sweet flavor. The texture is a bit tangy like a sticky substance that got hot and is now almost liquid but kept the spicy and sticky taste. Compare or imagine the soy sauce that has been mixed with honey and you’ll have a bigger picture. Traditional Japanese teriyaki sauce is made from shoyu (soy sauce), sake, mirin (rice wine) and sugar.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.
Prepare the Ingredients
Wash the vegetables and the chicken meat, then slice them finely (lengthwise).
Prepare the marinade and cook the noodles
Mix teriyaki and soy sauce in a bowl, add chicken meat and marinate for 30 minutes or more. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet instructions.
Prepare the vegetables and cook the chicken tenderloins
Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and add the chicken meat when pan begins to sizzle. Cook chicken tenderloins for 10 minutes or until chicken has browned.
After the chicken tenderloins are cooked, mix with the vegetables and noodles and place the mixture portioned on every lettuce leaf.