- 6 medium Mushrooms
- 6 medium Eggs
- 1/2 Red Capsicum
- 1/2 Green Capsicum
- 3/4 brown Onion
- 90g Feta Cheese
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1 cup Basil - Fresh
- 1.5 cups Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
For the variation with Meat use
- 1/2 lb. Pork Tenderloin
Fry the main ingredients
Preheat oven grill. Add the olive oil to a large ovenproof frypan and heat over medium-high heat. Dice and add the red and green capsicum, 75% of onion quantity and mushrooms and cook until tender.
Prepare the egg mixture
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the eggs and 60% of feta cheese. Add egg mixture to vegetables and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
The Frittata is almost done!
Slice and place the tomatoes over partially cooked frittata and sprinkle with basil, coriander, and the remaining onion and feta cheese. Almost done!
Bake the Frittata
Place frittata under the oven grill for 5 minutes or until it is browned and set. Enjoy!
When searching for a Frittata recipe, make sure you’ll have all the health benefits included and also, like this one, having properties for losing weight. This Frittata recipe is using light ingredients to be prepared for breakfast and not for lunch, but can be also added in your meal plan as a brunch dish.
Content on this page…
- Did you Know?
- About the Vegetarian Frittata recipe for Breakfast
- What if I want to add meat? Can I prepare it as a side dish for Dinner?
- Is it an Italian or American Cuisine version?
- Health Benefits of my special Frittata
- Weight-Loss Properties for “tasty diets”
When it comes to Frittata, the vegetarian recipe is one of the most searched over the internet, not only by vegetarian persons but by everyone. The vegetarian Frittata has more health benefits than the other variations, can be prepared during breakfast (instead of dinner), and the most important feature is that it helps you to keep a weight-loss diet. Moreover, it is a colorful dish and perfect for the table design if you having guests during brunch hours. Regarding the ingredients, I used two kinds of capsicum (red and green) not only to have a better design but also for slightly different health properties and benefits. Besides that, I also added coriander, an important ingredient for my Frittata that is known for its medicinal benefits (more info about it below) and flavor. Another reason to make my special recipe for Frittata is the Gluten-Free benefits, that if you’ll eat it without bread. You can complete the meal by serving with your favorite salad or breadcrumbs (if you’ll use breadcrumbs, the gluten-free feature won’t be applied anymore). Anyway, I’m sure if you’ll prepare this recipe as shown in steps and respect the ingredient list, you’ll save it for other days’ use.
If you like my recipe and you are among persons who never eat food without meat in its composition, I have good news: the frittata for breakfast can have chicken meat in its composition, sliced thinly, but not more than 1/3 lb. If you don’t want the weight-loss and health benefits, nor preparing it for breakfast but rather for dinner, add pork meat to have a better flavor. I recommend something simple, yet very tasty like Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary. Prepare the meat separately and then slice it thinly. Therefore, If you want to prepare it as a side dish for dinner, the best way is by adding pork, not chicken or beef.
My recipe for Frittata has 85% Italian Cuisine method of cooking and 15% American. It cannot be fully Italian because we, American people, have different tastes than Europeans and even a Frittata like this one must be changed a bit, only a bit. Therefore, the recipe is part of Italian cuisine even if I changed a bit some ingredients.
Before starting with the health benefits from the main ingredients, I want to tell you that besides them, you can add also the health benefits from onion, eggs, and tomato. I didn’t write them in this post because are used very frequently and we all are accustomed to these three veggies.
1. The phytochemical constituents of capsicum are shown to produce an anti-inflammatory response and contain tannins, often considered for their benefits when treating gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea, dysentery, and other microbial disorders. It has also anticancer potential, improves cardiovascular health, is an antioxidant agent, boosts immunity, helps skincare, and relieves menopausal symptoms. Also, you can see below the video about capsicum’s health benefits.
2. The mushroom is part of the super-vegetable table, a hybrid veggie with great vitamins and minerals intake. Mushrooms have a positive influence and boost the immune system health, antioxidant may help you live longer, help you lose weight, improve digestion, contain a class of proteins called lectins, which are able to bind to abnormal cells and cancer cells and label the cells for destruction by our immune system (great for breast cancer).
3. The medicinal properties of coriander are great, and if you can use it in your meal… well, why not use it? Coriander may lower blood sugar by activating certain enzymes, is full of antioxidants that demonstrate immune-boosting, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects. The coriander may also protect your heart by lowering blood pressure and LDL (bad) cholesterol while increasing HDL (good) cholesterol, may reduce brain inflammation, improves memory, and reduces anxiety symptoms. Probably the most important factor about coriander is that it exhibits antimicrobial effects that may help fight foodborne illnesses and pathogens like Salmonella.
I’m starting by saying that not any Frittata recipe can be used for weight-loss diets, and losing weight is different from a person to another. Well, I did some searching over the internet and read about the ingredients that can be used to help you lose weight, therefore, these 3 main ingredients (Mushrooms, capsicum, and coriander) are the best. Therefore, Frittata was the best option where I could integrate these special ingredients. If you need more weight-loss recipes, try my section for this kind of meal.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.