- 180g packet Soba Noodles
- 3/4 Lb. Chicken Breastsliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 baby Carrotsgrated
- 1 medium Avocadodiced
- 2 teaspoons Sushi seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Sesametoasted seeds
- 3 Seaweed Sheetcrushed
- 1 small-medium Cucumbergrated
- to taste Wasabi
You can also add..
- 1 cup of cooked Rice
When it comes to Japanese cuisine, sushi is the most known word. But there are a lot of recipes with this word, and one of them is this recipe for Sushi Noodles & Chicken (寿司麺とチキン).
Content on this page…
- Did you Know?
- About the Japanese Sushi Noodles & Chicken recipe
- Why is it good for Weight-Loss Diet?
- What are the seaweed sheets?
- If you like my Japanese Sushi Noodles (寿司麺とチキン), try also my recipe for Teriyaki Chicken (照り焼きチキン)
- Recipe Instructions (Steps for Japanese Sushi Noodles & Chicken) ↓
The cooking style is important, but from time to time the cuisine must be changed to avoid monotony and, why not, changing the meal taste. One of the simplest recipes I have in my cookbook is this Sushi Noodles & Chicken, and besides the great taste, it has great health benefits and weight-loss properties. You do not need many ingredients, but if you go to the supermarket, search for Soba noodles (very important), Soy sauce (light salty), avocado, Sushi seasoning (!), sesame seeds, and seaweed sheets… the rest of ingredients you can buy from any local store. Sushi Seasoning is a mixture of vinegar, sweetener, and salt. Great for making sushi rice, salad dressings, noodles or marinades.
Returning to the recipe, the Sushi Noodles & Chicken is best to be prepared during summer or autumn. It is a fantastic Japanese dish with a great flavor that suits every food critic, being easy to prepare, having simple ingredients and requires only ~20 minutes of your time (without cooling time).
Beginning with the chicken breasts who are known and used for weight-loss diets, the freshness of carrot and avocado along with their vitamins and minerals (don’t forget about how many antioxidants have) will make it a great dish if saved in your meal plan. Moreover, to prepare this special dish for weight-loss, you need to have seaweed sheets. Let me tell you why seaweed is great (as per self.com) for weight-loss:
- Seaweed can help control your appetite. “Seaweed is low in fat but packed with soluble fiber, which helps control blood sugar levels and keeps your bowels moving. The fiber can help you feel full on very few calories” .
- It’s chock-full of vitamins and minerals. “Seaweed is a great source of vitamins A, C, E, K and B vitamins“. “It’s also rich in minerals, including iodine, selenium, calcium and iron.“
- Protein! Seaweed contains amino acids, which, as you may recall from first-period biology, are the building blocks for protein.
- Studies have also shown that seaweed might help block fat absorption.
Besides the benefits of seaweed, this super recipe has also great weight-loss features thanks to chicken breast:
- The chicken meat is a great source of low-fat protein which contributes to muscle growth and development and controls the body’s homocysteine amino acid levels (which makes it very good for your heart).
- It has Selenium, meaning it helps your metabolism at work.
- Great for weight-loss diets due to the B6 vitamin, keeping healthy vessels, energy levels balanced, and helps your metabolism to burn away calories.
- BONUS: Prevents depression and makes you happier.
As per Wikipedia, Nori (海苔) or seaweed for sushi is the Japanese name for edible seaweed (a “sea vegetable”) species of the red algae genus Pyropia, including P. yezoensis and P. tenera. It has a strong and distinctive flavor. It is used chiefly in Japanese cuisine as an ingredient to wrap rolls of sushi or onigiri, in which case the term refers to the dried sheets. The finished dried sheets are made by a shredding and rack-drying process that resembles papermaking. They are sold in packs in grocery stores for culinary purposes. Since nori sheets easily absorb water from the air and degrade, a desiccant is needed when storing nori for any significant time.
If you’ll start with Sushi and get in love with Japanese recipes, I do recommend to try the next day the Teriyaki Chicken with Couscous, a Japanese meal that you’ll remember. The Teriyaki Chicken is great for weight-loss diets, therefore, you can have great meals for a couple of days and also respect your diet. If you want to switch to pork meat, try the Pork Tenderloin with Teriyaki Sauce.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.
Prepare the ingtredients
Slice the Chicken Breasts, grate the carrots and cucumber, peel and dice the avocado and crush as finely as you can the sesame seeds.
Cook the noodles and chicken breasts
Boil noodles according to packet instructions, then rinse under cold water. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frypan and cook chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until browned.
Mix the rest of ingredients
Place cooked noodles back in the frypan (where the chicken breast is), add the rest of ingredients and stir to combine.
Refrigerate until cooled. Serve cold. Add wasabi to taste and/or pickled ginger if desired. You can also add hot cooked rice. Enjoy!