- 1 pound lean Ground Beef
- 6 ounces Mushroomssliced
- 2 cups Spinachstemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosheror sea salt
- 6 whole wheat Tortillasburrito-size
- 1.5 cups long-grain Rice
- 1 cup Vermicelli Noodlesfine broken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onionchopped
- 3.5 cups low-sodium, nonfat Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Sea Saltor Kosher
Prepare the ingredients
Stem and chop the spinach, slice the mushrooms and onion, and break the vermicelli noodles.
Prepare the Rice & Vermicelli Noodles Mixture
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When hot, add the vermicelli and stir until the noodles are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and onions and stir until the rice is opaque and glistening for about 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the salt, cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the rice is nearly tender and most of the broth absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Prepare the Tortilla Filling
While the rice mixture is cooking, in a medium frying pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot, crumble in the beef and cook until nearly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Put the mushrooms in the pan and sauté until soft and their juices are released, about 2 minutes. Return the beef to the pan, add the spinach, and season with salt and pepper. Mix them all for about 1 minute.
Combine the two mixtures and wrap them
Combine the rice mixture and the beef mixture. With a spoon, place the mixture on a tortilla and wrap it, burrito-style. Same for all 6 wraps. Enjoy!
Additional Info for Indian Beef & Vermicelli Wrap
The Indian version of Beef & Vermicelli Wrap has its origins in the Armenian version for shehrehi yeghintz which incorporates both pasta and rice, and some vegetables as well. I’ve made this recipe to have a great and healthy fast food lunch, and tasty too.
Content on this page…
Whenever you get bored of usual sandwiches, spice up your lunch menu with some flavourful wraps filled with crunchy veggies and delicious grains and sauces. The Indian Beef & Vermicelli Wrap is not only quick to prepare but also tasty and nutritious. I have some great tortilla wrap recipes to share with you today! The one above is called “Rice and Vermicelli Wrap with Beef, Spinach, and Mushrooms”. It’s really quick to assemble, great for lunchtime, and you can easily swap ingredients based on your taste buds! The surprise ingredient in this recipe, the rice with vermicelli has the attribute to keep all the ingredients together (just like sushi).
I’ve got these questions from my users because they wanted to prepare these wraps ahead of time. Properly stored, cooked vermicelli will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. As per freezing the wraps, they will maintain the best quality for about 1 to 2 months but will remain safe beyond this time.
This Rice and Vermicelli Wrap with Beef is an ‘explosion‘ of color, freshness, and taste. All the ingredients are categorized as healthy food, therefore the final result is part of the same category.
Let’s take them one at the time:
- Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid. This fatty acid is believed to have many beneficial effects and is a healthy choice for cooking.
- Rice is a popular cereal worldwide, especially in Asia. Rice can serve as a good source of B vitamins (including thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin), iron, and is also an excellent source of manganese and magnesium. White rice is the most commonly eaten type, but brown rice is becoming more common as a healthier alternative. As a good source of several healthy minerals and antioxidants, brown rice may help prevent heart disease.
- Beef protein is highly nutritious and may promote muscle maintenance and growth. Beef contains varying amounts of fat, including CLA, which has been linked to health benefits. Meat is an excellent source of various vitamins and minerals (including for brain activity) like vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, iron, niacin, and vitamin B6.
- Mushrooms provide several important nutrients. Many types of mushrooms have varying compositions and nutritional profiles. I will not write every type and benefit for them but remember that mushroom is a super veggie! You can read more about mushrooms’ health benefits on goodhousekeeping.com‘s article. All types of edible mushrooms contain varying degrees of protein and fiber. They also contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues.
- Black pepper increases the absorption of essential nutrients and beneficial plant compounds. According to preliminary research, it may also promote gut health, offer pain relief, and reduce appetite (great for weight-loss diets).
- Spinach is low in carbs but high in insoluble fiber. This type of fiber may benefit your digestion and is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It packs high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
Now, in your opinion, these fast-food wraps are healthy or unhealthy?
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.