- 1 cup white Riceuncooked regular long-grain
- 3 ounces Mushrooms
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 medium Green Onionwith tops
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Dash Pepper
Cook the Rice
Heat the rice and water to boiling in the saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat just enough so the water bubbles gently. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until rice is fluffy and tender. While the rice is cooking, continue with the recipe. If the rice is done before you need it, just remove the rice from the heat and let it stand a few minutes until you're ready.
Prepare the bean sprouts, mushrooms and green onions
Cook the mushrooms
Combine them all
Add the bean sprouts, onions and rice to the mushrooms. Stir-fry with a turner or large spoon, lifting and stirring constantly, until the mixture is hot. Remove the skillet from the heat.
The Fried Rice with Mushrooms is almost done
Beat the eggs slightly in a small bowl with a fork. Push the rice mixture to one side of the skillet. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the cleared spot, then pour the eggs into this spot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until eggs are thickened and cooked but still moist. Stir the eggs and rice mixture together. Stir in the soy sauce and pepper. Enjoy!
Fried Rice with Mushrooms is a standard recipe in Asia, which can be made easily and without putting too much effort. It is best to choose also some meat recipes to go along with this Fried Rice with Mushrooms.
Content on this recipe…
There are various methods to fry the rice in Asian cuisine, including this one. I like a lot to also fry it, not only make traditionally cooked rice, but this depends on what meal I decide to do on that day. The Asian way to fry the rice is like no other region on earth, and it’s a great opportunity to show your loved ones your skills in the kitchen, offering another taste instead of the American cooked rice. I made this dish today, that’s how I’d remembered about it, and turned out to be a good idea to change a bit the traditional American cooking. Well, for this recipe I have added the mushrooms because I didn’t have time to cook any type of meat, but you can add if you want to. All I want to say is that my family was delighted by this simple yet very tasty recipe. I will gladly make it again, but next time I’ll add chicken meat to this recipe. If you decide to do it, leave me a review. I hope you like it too.
Depending on what you prefer, the fried rice with mushrooms can be a great side dish for:
1. Main with Chicken meat:
- Cornbread-Crusted Turkey Fillets.
- Oven Crusted Chicken Breast
- Indian Lemon Chicken with Fresh Cilantro
- Coconut Chicken Tenderloins
- Chicken Breast with Parmesan & Dijon Mustard.
- Chicken Breast Cooked in Oven.
Or any other kind of simple recipes with chicken.
2. Main with Pork meat:
- Pork Tenderloin with Teriyaki Sauce.
- Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary.
- Barbeque Pork Ribs & Spicy Sauce
- Pork Chops with Orange Glaze
Or any other main with pork meat.
3. Main with Beef meat:
- Broiled Beef Sirloin Steak, Apple Chutney & Mustard Dressing.
- Marinated Greek Beef Flank Steak with Yogurt Sauce
- Beef Tenderloin with Cocoa Glaze & Pineapple Salsa
- Marinated Beef Kabobs
- Juicy Hawaiian Marinated Beef Steak
As you can see, the best match for fried rice with mushrooms and its main dish is when you serve with simple or classic dishes.
If you want to lose weight, you can include this fried rice with mushrooms in your meal plan. I use 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for this recipe, but if you think that’s still too much, use only one tablespoon of oil and stir more. As an excellent source of both fiber and protein, mushrooms are particularly useful for plant-based diets. Mushrooms also help to burn fat in the body because their nutrients help to regulate glucose levels in the blood. On the other hand, rice will make you feel full for a longer time, but do not exaggerate with your serving quantity. Therefore, this recipe is best to be eaten without meat in it if you want to use it for slimming purposes.
- Essential Equipment: 2-quart saucepan; 10-inch skillet.
- Cook the extra rice the next time you are serving it with another meal. Refrigerate or freeze the leftover rice (you’ll need about 3 cups) in an airtight container, and use it for Fried Rice.
- Substitute ingredients in Fried Rice to suit your taste. Use chopped green bell pepper or sliced water chestnuts, or add leftover ham or chicken. Make it exactly as you like it.
I'm sorry you didn't like it 🙁
Tell me, how can I improve this recipe? Your opinion is very important.